Thursday, March 23, 2006

Poetry Stuff: Contents

  1. Ecotone, my favorite new journal, accepted a poem that I had to pull due to my own clerical error. Luckily for me the editors over there are gracious and generous.
  2. I'm still waiting to hear from the other two journals that I sent poems to last summer.
  3. The book ms is out at four contests.
  4. I've written one new poem.
  5. I have an idea for a series of poems that I'm mulling--just need to find the time for the research.

Oh, and according to the directions on my new desk: 'assembly time is estimated to take 8 hours.' My husband is earning many, many brownie points during this spring break.

8 comments:

gina said...

Eight hours? Does it fly?

Simmons B. Buntin said...

Ecotone is my new favorite literary journal, as well. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

Suzanne said...

Wouldn't it be great if did, G?!

Thanks, Simmons.

Sheryl said...

Suzanne,
You make me feel guilty. I have to get back to writing more and sending things out to mags. I hope to have things ready by August.
I will check out this magazine, too. Congrats!
Sheryl

michi said...

EIGHT HOURS? are you serious? what does it do? wash the dishes, do the laundry, write poetry, take care of the spell check? i go back to loving ikea. AND the surplus screws. ;)

enjoyed reading your poetry news. i need to put chapbook ms together, and a full length collection. time, time! where does it go?

m

Suzanne said...

HA, Sheryl, I've been such a slacker this year. I mainly wrote the post to make myself feel guilty. ;-)

I kid you not about the desk, Michi. Crazy.

Anne Haines said...

I love Ecotone, too! I hope you send them some more stuff -- it seems like such a good fit for your work. I haven't sent them anything yet but maybe at some point.

Suzanne said...

Thanks, Anne. Fingers crossed.