Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Five Days

On August 31, 2010 I will return to work as a full-time writer. For the past seven and a half years I have been a full-time mother and a part-time writer. I wrote during naptime, I wrote on the weekends, I wrote at four in the morning, and I wrote during the hours of 9:15 to 11:15 on Monday, Wednesday and Friday if school was in session. I confess that sometimes I didn't write at all -- it was too frustrating, too exhausting, too little. This stretch of six hours of freedom to write on most days makes me a little nervous. Will I remember how to write during normal hours? Will I be able to write without the intense pressure of knowing a child will be waking up soon, or a child will need to be picked from nursery school in 2.5 hours? Will I be able to write, let's say a blog post, without a 7 y.o. boy waving a gloved (?) hand in front of my face asking, "Are you awake?" as just happened two seconds ago? Or without a little girl going through the closet and asking me to pick out a party dress for her? (One second ago).

Five more days until I can form a complete thought, People! Until then, duty calls.

1 comment:

Jack Kung said...

Hi,how are you today?I have surfed your blog serveral times, your blog is great and having a lot of intresting things. If you have time, you can visit my blog and feel free to give me some comment, more important thing is being my follower! Thank you very much.

(My blog is sharebooksreview.blogspot.com)