Thursday, October 14, 2010

Very superstitious / Ladders 'bout to fall

If blogging has taught me anything, it's taught me that I'm superstitious. I often want to write about process or what I'm currently working on, but don't because I believe I'll jinx myself. So ridiculous! I know. Anyway, I want to tell you/talk to you about something I'm working on, a little part of my process, and I'm not going to. It's not you. It's me.
_____

In other news, I'm eagerly anticipating Cynthia Huntington's forthcoming collection "Heavenly Bodies," which is the 2010 Editor's Selection Crab Orchard Poetry Series. (!)
____

I am also very pleased to have been invited to William Paterson University as a Guest Speaker -- I'll be reading from my manuscript-in-progress, answering questions, and leading a mini-workshop.
____

I don't know if I mentioned this on the blog, but I was recently appointed to my city's Cultural Commission. I was sworn in last night and attended my first meeting. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I came away motivated and excited about our next event, as well as with a long list of things to get accomplished before the next meeting.
____

But truly, the most important news I have to share with you is that my daughter starts Daisies next week. Girl Scouts Rule!

No comments: