Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Here Comes the Sun

Yesterday was perfect--65 degrees and the sun out all day long. J and I went to the park in the morning and took a long walk when he woke up from his nap. Other perks: my husband brought home a bouquet of lilies for no reason and my older son, T, made dinner.
______

Judging from all the AWP photos bloggers are an attractive bunch. It's been great reading all the recaps, but I have to say I don't think I would do very well at such a large function--I would be totally drained instead of invigorated--although attending this way has been great.
______

Check out: Alison P's poem in Cimarron Review
______

I'm now an official adult. I've decided to take my prize money from the Aldrich Award and put it in a poetry money market account, really it's not as boring as it sounds! Most likely I will not be able grab myself some extended solitude until the expected baby is close to two-years-old and by then that prize money could be growing into a very nice, long retreat. A retreat I could schedule around our schedule. Is that a grown up move, or what?



2 comments:

Alison Pelegrin said...

Suzanne--

Thanks for the plug!

Alison

Kelli Russell Agodon - Book of Kells said...

but I have to say I don't think I would do very well at such a large function--I would be totally drained instead of invigorated--

****Suzanne, this was a bit how I felt. I was thankful to have my family there, so when things got a bit overwhelming for me, I was immediately grounded just by returning to my room.

I found just realizing that this was how I am and taking bits and pieces of it, worked best. I realized that I could not do everything nor wanted to.


I learned a lot and will do my next AWP differently, though given the locations of the next AWPs (Texas, Georgia, NY, Chicago), I probably won't be attending for a while.


And good for you with your new poet money market account! Great idea.

Kel